After the trip
Hello! You’re standing on old blog ground. I kept it updated it while doing a year-long road trip across the continent but then the project was over and it was August 2011 and I plopped down in the San Francisco Bay Area and… cue the tumbleweed.
Feel free to poke around while you’re here but first, a more curated view of the writing I’ve done over the years.
- This is a piece for General Mills to promote sponsorship of a program with Oakland-based nonprofit, Net Impact.
- Working with Net Impact also has me writing blogs like this.
- And press releases like this.
- And in between, I help manage the social media platforms, such as the Twitter feed.
- I won a contest for this short story (insider’s knowledge: it was totally informed by the time my wheels flew off).
- This fiction piece was informed by my nonfiction life as a nanny.
- And this little piece was informed by the time I rode in an airplane.
- This is one of my better pieces from this blog.
- This one is okay, too.
- And then if you want to hear about the time my wheels flew off.
- I rose early for this story. It was my first piece ever published.
- Self-scanners, when they were going to take over the world. They still might.
- And this one got picked up by the national wire.