After the trip
Hello! You’re standing on old blog ground. I updated it during a year-long writing project but when that was over and my pile of savings was all burned up, I plopped down where any starving artist would go to nurse a bank account back to health: the San Francisco Bay Area. And… cue the laugh track.
Jokes aside, here’s a curated view of my portfolio to date:
Copywriting & Editing
- This is a piece for General Mills to promote sponsorship of a program with Oakland-based nonprofit, Net Impact.
- Working with Net Impact also had me writing blogs like this.
- And press releases like this.
- When I was embedded as a content writer at a health & wellbeing startup in SF, I used a colleague’s research and rough draft to turn out this white paper.
- At that same startup, I wrote this piece about preventing workplace burnout.
- I won a contest for this short story (insider’s knowledge: it was totally informed by the time my wheels flew off).
- This fiction piece was informed by my life as a nanny.
- And this little piece was informed by the time I rode in an airplane.
Blogging & Podcasting
- This is one of my better pieces from this blog.
- This one is okay, too.
- And then if you want to hear about that time my wheels flew off.
- I rose before the sun for this story. It was my first piece ever published.
- Self-scanners, when they were going to take over the world. They still might.
- And this one got picked up by the national wire.