After the trip
Hello! You’re standing on old blog ground. I kept it updated for a year, while I dragged my dog across the continent in an old camper (not literally, y’all; he’s just really stubborn), visiting as many Facebook friends as I could. Then the project was over and I’d just burned through a pile of savings, so I plopped down where any artist short on cash would go to nurse a bank account back to health: the San Francisco Bay Area, duh.
And… cue the tumbleweed here. Feel free to poke around at your own pace but first! A more curated view of the writing I’ve done over the years:
- This is a piece for General Mills to promote sponsorship of a program with Oakland-based nonprofit, Net Impact.
- Working with Net Impact also had me writing blogs like this.
- And press releases like this.
- I won a contest for this short story (insider’s knowledge: it was totally informed by the time my wheels flew off).
- This fiction piece was informed by my life as a nanny.
- And this little piece was informed by the time I rode in an airplane.
- This is one of my better pieces from this blog.
- This one is okay, too.
- And then if you want to hear about that time my wheels flew off.
- I rose early for this story. It was my first piece ever published.
- Self-scanners, when they were going to take over the world. They still might.
- And this one got picked up by the national wire.